Saturday, December 6, 2008

Surf and Turf

My friend Zab was in town from D.C. and I went with him and his local friends to Saltgrass Steak House. We reminisced about the strangely cool magnet school we attended as kids plus all the news of the past decade, a continuation from our 10 year reunion last week. (Reunion by the way was a big success, lots of attendees, and I fulfilled my planning duties by drinking like a fish.)

Not usually a fan of beef, in fact I didn't eat beef for 8 years, I will say that the 6 ounce strip steak I ordered melted in my mouth. This was my first experience with steak I could cut with a fork. I also ordered the coconut shrimp which I've had many versions of but never like this - it was spicy and sweet, and I'd have to guess they added tobasco to the breading. That's the thing about the Texas pallet, spicy is everywhere and the chips are always made fresh.

No comments: